Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Travel-spiration

"My life's adventure started at 20 something years old :) "

Okay, I probably sounded like I'm already around 40-50 years old with my opening sentence where in fact I am only 23 years old haha! Maybe it is too early to reflect because it just happened few years ago..but what the heck?! it is never too early to reflect on what inspired me to TRAVEL :)

20 something is the beginning of many changes in my life. I graduated from college, worked immediately, saved money, got a new car and studied again for graduate studies--all in chronological order but in terms of significance, I think it'll be the other way around haha.

June 2010, it was my 1st term and 1st subject in masters when I met one of my 1st friends in class, Cy Bautista. She is my groupmate for the whole term and little did she know that she is also the "tinggg!", "spark", "light bulb", "stone that hit my head"...whatever you call it..basta, I got from her the idea to commit myself to travel once a year...at least. She actually made me feel that travelling is not at all intimidating and it is always worth it :)

We did not talk about ALL her travel experiences, not even budget, tips or travel 101. I just asked her one day why she will be absent again in class...and she said, "magtratravel kasi ako with my boyfriend and some friends!"--just that, and I was all giddy and excited to plan my first ever trip too (with no parents! woohoo para feel na feel ang independence haha).

Come March of 2011, I found myself on a plane going to South Korea and the trip is another great love story ever told exagge hahaha <3 (to be blogged soon!).

Late night snack/dinner @ McDo Taft with my first "block" in Marketing :)
Hi all! I miss you :)

In other news...

I read a very beautiful blog entitled, 3 Reasons to Travel While You are Young by: Jeff Goins so far, this is one of the best versed blog entry to push young people to travel often and this has been my inspiration since then.

Jeff said:

"You should take the time to see the world and taste the fullness of life. It's worth whatever investments or money or sacrifice of time required on your part....It's about experiencing true risk and adventure so you don't have to live in fear for the rest of your life."

"You won't always be young. And life won't always be just about you. So travel. Experience the world for all it's worth. Become a person of culture, adventure, and compassion."

My reply to him: "AMEN!"
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Tin. Magkkprob b if me changes s face or let us say nag undergone ng surgery at different photo nsa passport?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ms. Tin :)me and my 6 months old baby was invited to go to Korea to visit my korean partner's(we're not yet married) parent(also a korean)if I have an invitation and copies of their passport.. What else we need (passport, passport copies, pictures, bank certificate, application form)? Thanks for the response!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...